Welcome to the Eta Xi Sigma Alumnae Chapter Website of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated!
Welcome to the Eta Xi Sigma Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority's aim is to enhance the quality of life in the community. Public service, leadership development, and education of youth are the hallmarks of the organization's programs and activities.
Welcoming 16 New Rhoers with Open Arms
On November 10, 2013, Eta Xi Sigma Rhoer Club inducted 16 beautiful, intelligent young ladies. Inductions were held at Crane Technical High School located at 2245 W. Jackson Blvd., Chicago IL. Following inductions, a reception was held in their honor. Sorors, Rhoers, Philos, family and friends including special guests, Central Region Rhoer Coordinator Keisha French and International Grand Epistoleus Tiffany Hightower were in attendance. Basileus Lisa Cooper spoke a few words of encouragement and the young ladies were showered with gifts of all things blue and gold which included t-shirts, butterfly pins and headbands, scarves, picture frames, baskets, binders, certificates and more. This was a memorable day filled with fun, food and family.
Let us be good to each other and treat each other in the manner we wish to be treated! It only takes a moment to impact someone in a positive manner. We look forward to reading about your wonderful efforts!
Please help us welcome our newest Rhoers:
1. Briana Abbott – Merrillville High School
2. Mekari Abernathy – Bronzeville Lighthouse Charter School - Daughter of Soror Monica Abernathy
3. Nia Alexander – Newberry Math and Science Academy – Daughter of Soror Jennifer Alexander
4. Shontierra Anderson – Morgan Park High School – Daughter of Shlinda Anderson-Greer
5. Shaiyena Beck – Forest Trail Middle School – Goddaughter of Soror Tiffany Hightower
6. Madison Hinton – Trinity Lutheran School – Daughter of Soror Tamika A. Oliver
7. LaTrisha Howard – Latrisha Howard – Sister of Soror Ooschene Fox
8. Bianca Marquez – Lindblom Math and Science Academy – Niece of Soror Tori Harris
9. Tyler McCullar – Southland College Prepatory High School – Daughter of Soror Kimberly Clemons
10. Kya Robinson – Washington Junior High
11. Alexis Robinson-Dear – Dwight D. Eisenhower High School – Granddaughter of Soror Mazie Robinson
12. Jazzmin Sharp – John H. Vanerpoel Elementary Magnet School
13. Alina Taylor – Academy of St. Benedict – Cousin of Soror Nia Colton and Philo Guya Colton
14. Kameelah Treadway – Curie Metropolitan High School – Goddaughter of Soror Rhonda Cohen
15. Cyra Watters – Clissold Elementary – Cousin of Soror Aisha Knight
16. Sierra Wilburn – Romeoville High School – Daughter of Soror Debbie Wilburn
Soror Tammie McChristion, Rhoer Advisor
Welcoming Philos to the Eta Xi Sigma Family
On Sunday, November 4, 2013 four women of the highest caliber had a vision and goal in mind; to become a viable part of an organization, whose motto is "Progress of Love, Peace and Service". These four women were inducted into the Eta Xi Sigma Philo Affiliates of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. The induction was located at Allen CME Church in Chicago, IL. The women inducted into the sisterhood were: Angela Abrams, Taylor Heard, Lynette Tribett and Dekeedra White-Robinson. The induction was attended by their new Philo Sisters, and had the support of the Alumnae Chapter, which included the Basileus, Lisa L. Cooper and the Philo Advisor, Linda D. Brown. The new members were welcomed with warm greetings, gifts, and a reception in their honor which their family and friends were also invited to attend. It was a very engaging and warm feeling for the newest members of the Philo Affiliates to be surrounded by so much joyousness. Because of the wonderful camaraderie and overwhelming signs of kindness and affection bestowed to the new members, they were thrilled and overcome by the outpouring of love and support. Because of this, they were truly able to bear witness to the ties and strength of which of the true bonds of sisterhood entails. They are a much welcomed addition to the Eta Xi Sigma Philo Affiliate family.
Welcome to Eta Xi Sigma's home on the World Wide Web!
The women of Eta Xi Sigma Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated believe in "Exceeding Expectations"....